These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom San Francisco, LLC d/b/a KGMZ FM (“Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 201 3rd Street, 12th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.957thegame.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary.
2. Starting June 11, 2012 and ending June 15, 2012 (weekdays – Monday through Friday only) (“Entry Period”) listeners will have the opportunity to have a “Celebrity” (as defined below) contact the Station on their behalf by having that Celebrity call Station on the Celebrity Hotlines at (415) 896-2575 or 415-896-2595 from 6:00 AM (PST) to 6:00 PM (PST), except during A’s Baseball games (as described below), (“Contesting Hours”) and as further described below. Only calls made to the preceding telephone number will be accepted for this Contest. Calls made to other Station telephone numbers, including but not limited to the Station’s main telephone number, will not be accepted for this Contest. Calls made by Celebrities to the correct phone number but outside of Monday through Friday 6am-6pm PST time frame will not be accepted as entries in this Contest.
3. Station will list approximately 275 names of individuals on the Celebrity Week contest page at www.957thegame.com (each a, “Celebrity” and collectively, the “Celebrities”). Only the individuals listed on the contest page will be eligible to call-in on behalf of an Entrant for this Contest. No other individuals will be deemed “Celebrities” in this Contest and will not be eligible. The individuals listed on the Celebrity Week contest page must be the actual individual with “Celebrity Status” and not just any individual with the same name that is listed on the contest page. “Celebrity Status” is defined as a person who is well known among Station listeners in the San Francisco, CA Metro Survey Area (“MSA”) (as defined by Arbitron Ratings Company) as determined by Station staff in their sole discretion, which is final and not subject to appeal. For illustrative purposes only, an individual with “Celebrity Status” may range from a local San Francisco, CA public figure to a national or international public figure (these examples are illustrative but not exhaustive), but must be well known among listeners in the San Francisco, CA MSA as determined in the sole discretion of Station staff.
4. Entrants must comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations and only contact Celebrities through lawful means. ANY CONTESTANT WHO STATION DETERMINES HAS OR MAY HAVE BROKEN ANY FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAW OR HARMS OR ENDANGERS THEMSELVES OR ANY OTHER PERSON AS PART OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED. STATION IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR THE ACTS OF CONTESTANTS.
5. The Celebrity will be asked to provide the following: (1) his or her name; (2) verbally authorize Station to record the telephone call, (3) once recording, verbally authorize the Station to use the content of the telephone call on Station’s radio station and/or website in its complete or edited form, (3) identify the first and last name and telephone number, email address, or twitter handle of the listener they are calling on behalf of (“Entrant”); and (3) their birth date; in order to verify that the Celebrity is not an imposter. In the event the Celebrity is unable to provide any of the above-listed information, the Entrant will automatically be disqualified from any further participation in this Contest and will not be entitled to any prizes in this Contest. However, the Celebrity and the Entrant will not be disqualified as set forth in the immediately preceding sentence in the event that the Celebrity calls the Station back during the Contesting Hours within twenty-four (24) business hours of his or her initial call to the Station and completes all information that was missing during the initial call. The Celebrity can only call the Station on behalf of one (1) Entrant during this entire Contest. Multiple calls by the same Celebrity on behalf of an Entrant will be deemed an additional entry by that Entrant. Entrants are permitted to have multiple celebrities call in on their behalf.
6. Station must be able to substantiate the actual identity of the person who called the Station as the Celebrity prior to the Celebrity and the Entrant being considered a valid entry in this Contest. Station will verify the identity of the Celebrity by contacting and verifying the agent or representative provided by Celebrity and using other resources, including but not limited to SAG and IMDB databases, verification from a record label representative or a promoter, or other lawful means deemed desirable by the Station in order to corroborate the identity of the person who called the Station as the Celebrity. Station will determine in its sole discretion whether or not it is satisfied with the authenticity of the Celebrity and its decision shall be final and not subject to appeal. If the Station is not satisfied with the authenticity of a Celebrity, Station reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify the Entrant and the Celebrity from this Contest. Station is not obligated to use the same verification procedures or the same level of verification procedures for all Entrants, regardless of the similarity of types of Celebrities. Station is not obligated to leave more than one message for any agent, representative or other verification source, even in the event that Station elects to do so in certain circumstances but not others (no matter how similar the circumstances), and Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine in each instance when it has elected to “give up” on getting verification on any particular Celebrity (and verification calls received after Station has already elected to disqualify an Entrant shall be void). Station will be under no obligation to notify either Entrant or Celebrity that Station has disqualified the associated entry for failure to receive adequate verification or adequate information.
7. Station reserves the right (but not the obligation) to broadcast or post on-line some or all calls by Celebrities, in whole or in part, and the broadcast or posting of a particular call before or after the closing of the Entry Period will not be deemed to suggest that such Entrant’s Celebrity call is or will be the Grand Prize Winner in this Contest. Use of any such call (if at all) shall be in Station’s sole discretion and will be used solely for entertainment purposes.
8. By entering this Contest, Entrants and Celebrities calling on their behalf understand and agree that Station may elect to use any calls by Celebrities for entertainment purposes and may choose to comment on, mock, poke fun at, and/or mimic any call by a Celebrity. Entrants and Celebrities waive any right to make any claim against Station or any Contest sponsors with respect to any comments - disparaging or otherwise - made regarding such a call by a Celebrity.
9. Due to live Oakland A’s Baseball programming, contest will not be active during the following dates & times:
• Tuesday, June 12th - 5:00 to 6:00pm
• Wednesday, June 13th - 5:00 to 6:00pm
• Thursday, June 14th – 11:15am to approximately 4:00pm or 45 minutes after the game ends (directly following Post Game A’s Talk, a 15 minute local talk show that airs after the 30 minute A’s Radio Network Post Game show).
How to Win
10. On or about June 15, 2012, between 2:00-6:00pm, Station staff will determine one Entrant/Celebrity combination as the winner based on all entries received (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Contest rules). Station judging criteria may include, but is not limited to: stature of celebrity, did celebrity mention the station in any social media prior to or directly after the interview, quality of the interview or any other lawful criteria determined by Station.
11. The winner’s name along with the name of the Celebrity that called into the Station on their behalf will be posted online at www.957thegame.com, www.facebook.com/957thegame.com, www.twitter.com/957thegame and announced on air.
12. Winner does not need to listen to win. Station will contact Winner at by telephone within 24 hours of being selected as the Winner. Notification to the Winner may be made by message on the Winner’s answering machine, with no responsibility for any failure of the answering machine.
13. Only one (1) Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The verified Grand Prize Winner will receive the following:
• Four (4) tickets to each of the San Francisco Giants vs. Oakland Athletics games (June 22-24th)
• Four (4) passes to watch Batting Practice on the field at O.Co Coliseum on a mutually agreeable date between June 22-24th.
• Four (4) passes to meet with San Francisco Giants Catcher Buster Posey and Pitcher Matt Cain, Oakland Athletics Manager Bob Melvin, TV & Radio Analyst Ray Fosse, and a TBD Athletics star player on the field at O.Co Coliseum on a mutually agreeable date between June 22-24th.
• Two (2) Roundtrip vouchers on Southwest Airlines good anywhere Southwest flies in the Continental United States.
The value of this prize is $1100.00.
Opportunity to meet San Francisco Giants Catcher Buster Posey and Pitcher Matt Cain, Oakland Athletics Manager Bob Melvin, TV & Radio Analyst Ray Fosse, and a TBD Athletics star player has no commercial value.
Opportunity to meet with San Francisco Giants Catcher Buster Posey and Pitcher Matt Cain, Oakland Athletics Manager Bob Melvin, TV & Radio Analyst Ray Fosse, and a TBD Athletics star player is contingent upon such individuals appearing for such activity/event, which is beyond the Station’s control. Station is not responsible if a winner and/or his/her guests are unable to meet such individuals or participate in the associated activity if the individuals determine this is not allowable for any reason or fails to appear/participate for any reason. In the event of illness, act of god, scheduling conflict or any other reason, Station is not responsible for this portion of the prize, which has no monetary value, and no alternate prize will be awarded and the event/activity will not be rescheduled. In the event that Station elects (in its sole discretion) to attempt to reschedule any such event/activity or offer an alternative prize, Station shall have no obligation whatsoever to offer any other alternate prize if such attempt to reschedule or other offer is not accepted by or utilized by winner for any reason whatsoever.
Southwest Airlines vouchers expire October 1, 2012. Some restrictions apply.
14. The sponsors of this contest are: Entercom San Francisco, LLC, and Northern California Ford Dealers.